Reduce Cost and Improve Flexibility
Sodium hydroxide is a widely accepted cleaning and sanitization agent for bioprocessing equipment and chromatography media. It is also used for pH adjustment in many processes. Sodium hydroxide is not only very effective, it is also low cost and easy to detect using pH and conductivity measurements to ensure it has been removed. Dilute caustic solutions are recommended as short-term equipment storage solutions to prevent bacterial growth.
YMC Process Technologies’ EcoPrime Caustic Dilution systems are designed to perform highly controlled caustic dilution processes to generate ready-to-use solutions when needed reducing tank requirements, reducing the cost associated with handling large volumes, and enhancing scheduling flexibility.
Our systems use our proprietary digitally-controlled metering pumps that deliver precise and accurate volumes across a wide range of solution density enabling dilution of concentrated caustic solutions. Systems also include sensors to monitor the dilution process and an optional heat exchanger and break tanks to manage excess heat. System software and automation allows the user to configure and run recipes that precisely prepare diluted, ready-to-use caustic solutions.
- Automatically prepares accurate and precise caustic solutions at point-of-use or central location.
- Enables dilution of up to 50% sodium hydroxide.
- Robust and simple dilution based on control with volumetric flow rate to ensure consistent composition.
- Fluidic design that facilitates mixing, reduces time required to reach set points, and enables drainability.
- User adaptable software that is recipe-driven with configurable, pre-programmed sequences that minimizes operator intervention.
As with all YMC bio/pharmaceutical equipment, the EcoPrime Caustic Dilution system is designed to meet high quality expectations. The system materials of construction are compatible with long-term caustic exposure. The design and construction of the equipment assures a safe, ergonomic system intended for use in GMP manufacturing environments.
EcoPrime Caustic Dilution delivers
- Limited requirement for tanks, less footprint
- Reproducible and accurate caustic solutions with volumetric flow control
- Less operator exposure to potential chemical hazards
- Reduced labor costs
- Increased process scheduling flexibility
- More independence from supplier quantities
- Reduced CIP volume and waste, leaner operation
- Compatible with single-use assemblies