Help to grow
Our customers are experiencing tremendous growth, which means YMC needs to grow too.
We are always happy to speak with career-minded individuals with a passion for quality manufacturing. If you are interested in becoming an integral member of a smart, hardworking team, in an organization that values honesty, loyalty, and effort, we'd like to hear from you.
ALL JOB CANDIDATES SHOULD APPLY TO:
Human Resources Director
YMC America, Inc.
Process Technologies Group
Human Resources Director
8 Charlestown St.
Devens, MA 01434
Here are our current job openings:
Technical Sales Manager - Chromatography,
Automation Engineer - Software,
Metal Finisher / Polisher
Business Development Engineer (Europe).
Job Title: Technical Sales Manager - Chromatography
Location: Remote: Mid-Atlantic/Northeast U.S. territories
Reports to: Manager - consumable sales
FLSA Status: Exempt
As Technical Sales Manager - Chromatography, you will promote and sell YMC liquid chromatography products to biotech, pharma, and academic accounts in the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast U.S. territories. YMC products include UHPLC, HPLC, and preparative prepacked columns, bulk media for preparative purification. You may also support the sales of bench-scale to process-scale systems.
- Compiles and maintains list of prospective customers and opportunities, tracking status of sales leads and opportunities.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers to secure orders.
Regularly communicates with customers and prospects by phone and email.
- Displays or promotes products utilizing all available sales tools (samples, papers, webinars, presentations, literature, product demos, etc.)
- Obtains pricing and delivery estimates from Customer Service as needed and is responsible for sending these to customers for equipment and bulk resin.
- Prepares sales activity reports as required.
- Analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Enters new customer data and information for current customers into
- Develops and maintains relationships with appropriate customer and vendor contacts.
- Manages a variety of customer requests promptly and professionally (deliveries, pricing, quality) utilizing appropriate internal resources.
- Responds to requests for quotations through Estimation & Customer Service Groups.
- Submits significant customer feedback into quality system per company SOPs.
- Attends trade shows/webinars/conferences when required.
Required Experience & Knowledge:
- Minimum of BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline.
- 5+ years direct sales / product management focused on downstream processing of Biopharmaceuticals. Technical knowledge should include general knowledge of customers’ purification processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of market and competition.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point) and CRM experience.
- Ability to prepare professional correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers and colleagues.
- Supports organization's goals and values.
- Self-directed – Objective directed.
- Ability to travel up to 30%, including some overnight travel.
Job Title: Automation Engineer - Software
Location: Devens, MA
Reports to: Automation and R&D Manager
Summary: Automation Engineer will develop, implement, and test automation/control solutions for our products. This position is customer driven and focused and is responsible for working with current and potential clients/customers
- Designs, develops automation framework and data driven automation scripts for application: PLCs, HMIs, SCADA and DCS systems.
- Researches, develops and expands software capabilities utilized in downstream pharmaceutical process based on customer requirements.
- Enhances current automation scripts and works closely with engineers to determine best automation practices.
- Supports senior engineers in R&D team with their projects.
- Conducts hands-on experimental work.
- Designs and executes experiments for product and application development.
- Demonstrates open and collaborative approach in all areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science.
- 3+ years implementing and testing automation/control solutions for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.
- Willing to learn and write programming code, such as ladder logic, C#, python, and SQL Script.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to comply with and work in an FDA Regulatory Environment.
Job Title: Associate Scientist - Chromatography
Location: Based in Devens, MA USA
Reports to: Director - Separations Sciences
FLSA Status: Exempt
Join us at YMC America Inc.! We create advanced bio/pharmaceutical purification platforms, and our systems are award winning for their innovative design, meeting the imagination of industry leaders today. We are conveniently located 40 minutes from Boston, and we want to hear from you.
Our new lab facility in Devens MA will enable YMC and YMC customers to evaluate and develop processes using the entire suite of YMC purification products, serve as a center for conducting short and long-term studies as well as host hands-on customer training. As Associate Scientist, you will conduct liquid chromatography (LC) related services, develop LC methodology (in concert with senior staff) and provide technical insights to YMC America customers. This is a hands-on lab position utilizing YMC chromatography products to conduct lab services mainly at internal YMC facilities and occasionally externally at customer sites. You may also be involved in explaining technical features of YMC chromatography media, technology, and lab systems, and support instrument rentals, feasibility studies, method development, and other activities that enable customers to solve analytical and preparative purification dilemmas by leveraging YMC technologies.
- Conduct certain YMC America lab studies under the direction of the Manager – Sales & Applications, and / or the Director - Separations Sciences. Lab facilities include those in Devens, MA and certain university collaborations. Role includes maintaining and equipping an in-house lab/pilot facility.
- Maintain a working knowledge of YMC chromatography products (resins, columns, services, and systems) and impart that understanding in the support of sales as a non-sales technical expert.
- Assist in internal and external bench chromatography: Analytical HPLC, UHPLC, CUBE, and pilot (TWIN) studies in the America’s. This includes the occasional on-site and remote set-up and training of lab instruments (Contichrom CUBE).
- Influence potential customers to recognize the value and benefits of YMC resins and system technologies in a non-sales role.
- May attend certain conferences and technical meetings as a representative of YMC America.
- Assist in the review of results from external users of YMC products and provide feedback on how to better use the product in question.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or a related field.
- A minimum of two years’ experience with an emphasis on liquid chromatography.
- Must have knowledge of LC techniques and associated instruments.
- Ability to prioritize obligations, make self-directed decisions, multi-task, and function effectively with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to travel up to 15-20% including overnight travel.
- Proficiency in English language.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Hands-on experience with prep chromatography techniques and instrumentation. Particularly, as applied to large and small molecule pharmaceutical compounds.
- Experience of 3+ years performing lab services preferably related to the pharmaceutical industry, including some form of lab management responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of automation systems for lab and production equipment in the life sciences related field.
- Demonstrated experience in writing technical papers.
- Working knowledge of both large molecule biopharmaceutical processes and small molecule processes.
- It would be a bonus to have language skills with Spanish, German or Japanese.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Application Question(s): Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
Education: Bachelor's (Required)
Willingness To Travel: 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: Devens, MA USA
Work Remotely: No
Job Title: Metal Finisher/Polisher
Location: Devens MA
Reports to: Shop Manager
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
- May perform any or all the following metal finishing and fabrication aspects of building custom packaged systems including:
- Cutting, grinding, and prepping frame stock, hangers, and (as-needed) basic piping assemblies.
- Weld removal and finishing of frames and hangers -- rough grinding through to specified surface finish.
- In-place polishing of hangers and supports on skid frames.
- Low RA mechanical and EP (Electropolishing) finishing on interior and exterior surfaces of custom fabricated fittings, pieces, valves, and pump components.
- Passivation of select piping and process components -- including those listed above.
- Prepares and completes test reports and certificates of work performed if needed.
- Sand, surface prep, and masking off components for painting.
- Keeps a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by continually attending training classes as required.
- Ensures customer satisfaction regarding quality and timely service.
- Trains with and assists Lead metal finisher in all metal finishing duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Shop Manager.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 3+ yrs. related experience. Proficient in Metal finishing and surface prep.
- Note: Autobody panel welding, grinding, and finishing could be relative experience and a good starting point. This position is strictly metal finishing without additional fillers (other than initial weldment) such as plastic fillers (A.K.A. Bondo) and high build-up primers.
- Must know how to properly use basic hand and power tools.
- Can perform metal finishing and graining of Stainless Steel.
- Must be able to work safely and efficiently in physically strenuous conditions around sensitive instruments and components.
- Demonstrates solid mechanical aptitude.
- Can mix ratios and proportions and perform PH tests – similar to testing acid and base levels and adjusting chemicals in pool water.
- Ability to read, interpret and adhere to documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Basic Tig welding experience is a plus.
- Ability to perform Automotive-type spray painting is a plus.
Job Title: Business Development Manager, Bioprocess Systems
Location: Based in Europe
Reports to: Sales Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Business Development Manager is directly and primarily responsible for achieving sales growth for the Bioprocess Systems Group in the territory of Europe (except for Ireland).
The Business Development Manager, Bioprocess Systems, will be responsible for the promotion and sales of YMC chromatography systems’ / hardware products including the development and execution of a sales strategy within his assigned geography.
- Proactively contact targeted customers to qualify their interest and involvement with the type of equipment we offer.
- Schedule face to face meetings with qualified customers to determine their needs and provide them with information about our products and services.
- Influence potential customers to recognize the value the benefits of our company and systems based upon their specific needs to maximize our potential for a sale.
- Attend trade shows and technical meetings as a representative of YMC Process Technologies. Generate a report on the event including leads generated, customer contacts, competitive activity, and the overall value of the event for our company.
- Follow up on leads generated for assigned territory and report the results to Sales and Marketing management.
- Generate and maintain a pipeline of opportunities within the territory including outstanding quotes, future opportunities, and lost business.
- Generate a weekly report of the previous week’s activities and an itinerary for the following week.
- Assist in the development of technical and commercial proposals for Bioprocess systems, follow-up with customers to receive feedback concerning the ongoing development of the offering and coordinate discussions with our internal support team when necessary to qualify details of the system:
- Assist in the interpretation of customer specifications.
- Generate a Proposal application and present to the internal team to initiate the design/estimating process.
- Assist the Application Engineer to gather information regarding design, specifications, and other deliverables associated with the skids.
- Review process design package with the Engineering group to assure cost competitiveness of the design while meeting customer requirements.
- Obtain answers to process and technical questions initiated by customers, vendors, mechanical, and project engineering teams related to an opportunity.
- Assist in the review of inquiries by providing input essential to making the decision to quote or not quote an opportunity.
- Assist with pricing strategy to maximize gross margin for each project while providing the best opportunity to win.
Required Experience & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science, Chemical Engineering or related degree.
- A minimum of five years’ experience selling capital equipment to Biopharmaceutical manufacturing sites.
- A minimum of five years’ experience selling systems for downstream Biopharm process with an emphasis on Chromatography.
- Ability to prioritize and make self-directed decisions, multi-task, and function effectively under frequent deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel approximately 35% of the time.
Preferred Skill and Experience:
- 3-5 years selling capital equipment in the bio/pharma market or 10+ years experience selling chromatography technology related products. Higher preference for manufacturing scale systems.
- Working knowledge of automation systems for lab and production equipment in life sciences related field
- Proficiency in English language with preference to have working proficiency in German and/or French.
- Experience in a global organization having product supported from secondary geography
- Account management / Account development experience.