Help to grow
Our customers are experiencing tremendous growth, which means YMC needs to grow too.
We are always happy to speak with career-minded individuals with a passion for quality manufacturing. If you are interested in becoming an integral member of a smart, hardworking team, in an organization that values honesty, loyalty, and effort, we'd like to hear from you.
ALL JOB CANDIDATES SHOULD APPLY TO:
Human Resources Director
YMC America, Inc.
Process Technologies Group
Human Resources Director
8 Charlestown St.
Devens, MA 01434
Here are our current job openings: Associate Scientist (Devens, MA), and Business Development Engineer (Europe).
Job Title: Associate Scientist - Chromatography
Location: Based in Devens, MA USA
Reports to: Director - Separations Sciences
FLSA Status: Exempt
Join us at YMC America Inc.! We create advanced bio/pharmaceutical purification platforms, and our systems are award winning for their innovative design, meeting the imagination of industry leaders today. We are conveniently located 40 minutes from Boston, and we want to hear from you.
Our new lab facility in Devens MA will enable YMC and YMC customers to evaluate and develop processes using the entire suite of YMC purification products, serve as a center for conducting short and long-term studies as well as host hands-on customer training. As Associate Scientist, you will conduct liquid chromatography (LC) related services, develop LC methodology (in concert with senior staff) and provide technical insights to YMC America customers. This is a hands-on lab position utilizing YMC chromatography products to conduct lab services mainly at internal YMC facilities and occasionally externally at customer sites. You may also be involved in explaining technical features of YMC chromatography media, technology, and lab systems, and support instrument rentals, feasibility studies, method development, and other activities that enable customers to solve analytical and preparative purification dilemmas by leveraging YMC technologies.
- Conduct certain YMC America lab studies under the direction of the Manager – Sales & Applications, and / or the Director - Separations Sciences. Lab facilities include those in Devens, MA and certain university collaborations. Role includes maintaining and equipping an in-house lab/pilot facility.
- Maintain a working knowledge of YMC chromatography products (resins, columns, services, and systems) and impart that understanding in the support of sales as a non-sales technical expert.
- Assist in internal and external bench chromatography: Analytical HPLC, UHPLC, CUBE, and pilot (TWIN) studies in the America’s. This includes the occasional on-site and remote set-up and training of lab instruments (Contichrom CUBE).
- Influence potential customers to recognize the value and benefits of YMC resins and system technologies in a non-sales role.
- May attend certain conferences and technical meetings as a representative of YMC America.
- Assist in the review of results from external users of YMC products and provide feedback on how to better use the product in question.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or a related field.
- A minimum of two years’ experience with an emphasis on liquid chromatography.
- Must have knowledge of LC techniques and associated instruments.
- Ability to prioritize obligations, make self-directed decisions, multi-task, and function effectively with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to travel up to 15-20% including overnight travel.
- Proficiency in English language.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Hands-on experience with prep chromatography techniques and instrumentation. Particularly, as applied to large and small molecule pharmaceutical compounds.
- Experience of 3+ years performing lab services preferably related to the pharmaceutical industry, including some form of lab management responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of automation systems for lab and production equipment in the life sciences related field.
- Demonstrated experience in writing technical papers.
- Working knowledge of both large molecule biopharmaceutical processes and small molecule processes.
- It would be a bonus to have language skills with Spanish, German or Japanese.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Application Question(s): Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
Education: Bachelor's (Required)
Willingness To Travel: 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: Devens, MA USA
Work Remotely: No
Job Title: Business Development Manager, Bioprocess Systems
Location: Based in Europe
Reports to: Sales Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Business Development Manager is directly and primarily responsible for achieving sales growth for the Bioprocess Systems Group in the territory of Europe (except for Ireland).
The Business Development Manager, Bioprocess Systems, will be responsible for the promotion and sales of YMC chromatography systems’ / hardware products including the development and execution of a sales strategy within his assigned geography.
- Proactively contact targeted customers to qualify their interest and involvement with the type of equipment we offer.
- Schedule face to face meetings with qualified customers to determine their needs and provide them with information about our products and services.
- Influence potential customers to recognize the value the benefits of our company and systems based upon their specific needs to maximize our potential for a sale.
- Attend trade shows and technical meetings as a representative of YMC Process Technologies. Generate a report on the event including leads generated, customer contacts, competitive activity, and the overall value of the event for our company.
- Follow up on leads generated for assigned territory and report the results to Sales and Marketing management.
- Generate and maintain a pipeline of opportunities within the territory including outstanding quotes, future opportunities, and lost business.
- Generate a weekly report of the previous week’s activities and an itinerary for the following week.
- Assist in the development of technical and commercial proposals for Bioprocess systems, follow-up with customers to receive feedback concerning the ongoing development of the offering and coordinate discussions with our internal support team when necessary to qualify details of the system:
- Assist in the interpretation of customer specifications.
- Generate a Proposal application and present to the internal team to initiate the design/estimating process.
- Assist the Application Engineer to gather information regarding design, specifications, and other deliverables associated with the skids.
- Review process design package with the Engineering group to assure cost competitiveness of the design while meeting customer requirements.
- Obtain answers to process and technical questions initiated by customers, vendors, mechanical, and project engineering teams related to an opportunity.
- Assist in the review of inquiries by providing input essential to making the decision to quote or not quote an opportunity.
- Assist with pricing strategy to maximize gross margin for each project while providing the best opportunity to win.
Required Experience & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science, Chemical Engineering or related degree.
- A minimum of five years’ experience selling capital equipment to Biopharmaceutical manufacturing sites.
- A minimum of five years’ experience selling systems for downstream Biopharm process with an emphasis on Chromatography.
- Ability to prioritize and make self-directed decisions, multi-task, and function effectively under frequent deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel approximately 35% of the time.
Preferred Skill and Experience:
- 3-5 years selling capital equipment in the bio/pharma market or 10+ years experience selling chromatography technology related products. Higher preference for manufacturing scale systems.
- Working knowledge of automation systems for lab and production equipment in life sciences related field
- Proficiency in English language with preference to have working proficiency in German and/or French.
- Experience in a global organization having product supported from secondary geography
- Account management / Account development experience.